BSI Football provides world class football training and development under the guidance of Technical Director Zeca Marques. Zeca is a UEFA Pro Licensed Coach, and has many years of experience at the top level of South African football, including leading Moroka Swallows to victory in the MTN 8 Cup Final in 2013. BSI Football is based at Jeppe Quondam Sports Club in Johannesburg.
Programmes: Full-Time High School Programme
Available for grades 8 to 12, this holistic program combines elite football training, general athletic development and a first class education, with a focus on developing well rounded young people for success in life.
Players are schooled at the BSI Study Centre amongst top level youth athletes across a variety of sports. There are 3 different curriculum choices; Cambridge, SA or American (from grade 11), all delivered in a disciplined environment within a flexible structure to suit the individual needs, goals and training/playing schedules of each athlete or player.
The football training, delivered every weekday afternoon, focuses on improving the player’s skills and football intelligence, covering physical and psychological aspects through a balanced conditioning program that leaves the student fully prepared for the modern game. The programme includes;
- Ball Control ( mastering the ball )
- Defending Techniques (tackling, heading)
- Football Intelligence
- Principles of the game
- Tactical speed
- Theory of the game (formations, players functions and roles)
- Mental preparation
- Awareness of psychological factors that influence performance
Psychomotor and Athletic Skills
- Aerobic Power
- Explosive Power
- Optimal Dietary intake
- Nutritional advice to enhance good health, well being and performance capacity.
Away from the field, activities are organised to enhance the students development;
- Guest speaker sessions with former professional footballers and coaches.
- Advice on dealing with football agents.
- Specific strength and conditioning sessions with qualified instructors
- Fitness testing and monitoring
- Nutrition, health and lifestyle advice.
- Team building activities
- Media and social media training
- Support with exit pathways
- FcPorto 7 day Tour experience (optional extra)
For more information or to apply to join the full-time high school programme please contact Isis at email@example.com.
For a taster of what to expect in our full-time programme, join us for our next training camp from 2-4 November. Contact Eurico at firstname.lastname@example.org to book for the camp.